The day has finally arrived, the game is complete and ready for you to enjoy! Check out my Main Homepage for more informations!
Yes, finally the demo of SUPER PANDA ADVENTURES is ready for you to enjoy! There is about 15-30 minutes of gameplay available, so hopefully it’s long enough to give you a good first impression. If you have anything to say about it, I encourage you to write in my forums or send me an email. Thanks a lot and have fun
I recently got a mail from a fella called Ab00t, who has spent a lot of time to create a detailed overview of GunGirl 2! I’ve never seen my own creation layed out like that before me and it’s pretty amazing! This might be very helpful for a lot of players, who might be stuck or are looking for a particular item. It’s a very impressive overview and I appreciate the hard work that has gone into this! Thanks a lot and great job! ^^
View/Download as PDF (right click + save target as…)
I’m proud to present to you the first look at my new game Super Panda Adventures! It’s of course still a work in progress, but the video should give you a first impression of what to expect from my new game. If you have any kind of crits or comments for me, please feel free to contact me in any way (for example use this forum thread), I always appreciate every feedback I get from you guys
Here’s a first look:
Heres the video:
The music you hear in the video is from the Bastion OST.
I have learned quite a lot in the past from various feedback that I got from all you players out there and I have to thank you for that. I have revisited my good old GG2 in the last week and I must say I wasn’t as happy with it as I thought I would be. The difficulty was quite hardcore and it got to a point where I thought that the game would be more enjoyable if the difficulty wasn’t as high as it was. Also I have found quite a lot of inconveniences that I wanted to iron out with this update.
So now I present to you this new and refined version. Grab it now from the Download Page!
Here is the list of changes made for 1.2:
- decreased amount of zombies that come out of grave stones on all difficulty settings.
- grave stones now only spawn zombies if the player is not standing on top of them.
- increased overall Energy Rifle damage.
- Energy Rifle now does extra damage to large enemies.
- increased base Icicle Gun rate of fire.
- limited ice sparkles simultaneously on screen for performance reasons.
- added chains to the invisible blocks before the final boss.
- decreased final boss health in first form by 1/3.
- fixed heavy rain in some marsh areas.
- you can now kill ghosts when you have the talisman.
- made a better hint for the shield in the city.
- tactical shield now has a better explanation text when you pick it up.
- some quest messages have been updated to give better information.
- hell prison area is now a lot easier to get through.
- fixed some areas where zombies could walk on air.
- relocated the save game machine in the forest.
- you now find a medikit in the first area that gives you a message about how to use it.
- fixed a missing boss music at the upside down tower boss.
- upside down tower boss has it’s health slightly decreased.
- some other minor modifications to tweak the overall difficulty.
- changed an area in hell city so that it’s easier to find the power orb.
- fixed some minor visual problems in some areas.
- added a save sign to the shotgun shack to make clear you can save the game inside.
- changed some lights in the science lab.
I don’t know how long this has been online, but it just recently came to my attention that there is a GunGirl 2 Tropes&Idioms page. How cool! Whoever added my game to this page, I’m very thankful and some of those tropes really made me laugh
Here my favourites:
“Impossibly Cool Weapon:
The sawblade cannon and self-proclaimed “ultimate gun”, which include a railgun. The creator basically threw in whatever it would be cool to kill zombies with.”
“Good Bad Bugs:
You can rapid fire the shotgun and other weapons by alternating between shooting and raising your shield. The creator thought this was too fun to take out.”
“Crowning Music of Awesome:
Come on, this is Josh Whelchel, the guy behind The Spirit Engine 2 OST! The final boss theme in particular stands out.”
The entire article is very well made. Read the full thing here!
The final parts of the developer commentary! Have fun
It’s time that we go into the final area of the game. On our way we encounter thousands of zombies, deadly traps and all that good stuff.
There are only a few quests remaining. Before I can face the final boss, I have to reassemble the magic stone fragments. Why are they hidden behind silver doors and how is it possible to hide them in hell? None of these questions will be answered here